Monday, January 23, 2012

Why I am choosing a Real foods diet?

It all started with a free magazine that was on the counter at the library.  I was flipping through it and came to a page that in big letters said "No junk food for a year!"  Well that got my interest so I continued to read.  It stated a web page titled 100daysofrealfood.com.  It mentioned the rules and what is involved and then talked about pledges you can make.  So of course this got me very interested and later that week I spent hours on that website reading everything she had to say.  I then scoured the internet for whatever else I could find and there was so much information it put me on overload.

I have tried to loose that 20 lbs of baby weight for years and have tried many diets and logging calories and what not and it just does not work.  I am not any good at logging my food and counting calories so I figured wait real foods this has got to work.  How can you not lose weight and be more healthy when you cut out all the processed junk. 

I also have a 12 year old son that suffers from chronic headaches almost daily.  We have been to numerous doctors, have had numerous tests done and no one could tell me how to fix them.  As a mother I hated feeling helpless to help my son.  From research and talking to people I have come to realize these headaches are most likely caused by food in some way.  We talked a lot about changing up his diet but without guidance it was hard to figure out where to start and what to do. 

I now have somewhere to start.  I am doing this for me, my health and my families health.  I know it will not be easy and I know it will not be perfect but it is something I truly believe in.  This will be how I document our journey of getting rid of the processed foods and changing all of our lives for the better hopefully forever. 

1 comment:

  1. uggg.... this is harder than I thought! But we can do it! We can do this together!

    ReplyDelete