So yesterday I realized there is such thing as fruit and vegetable overload. Tuesdays are a long day for me and a hard one for meals as I volunteer at our library from 3-7 and then am on the library board and have a board meeting at 7:30. So in this quest to add fruits and veggies to my diet I think yesterday I may have taken it to far. For breakfast I had an orange and a piece of toast, for a morning snack I had carrots and hummus, for lunch I had a big salad with lots of veggies and some quinoa. So far so good one would think if you are looking at it from a healthy stand point. The only thing I didn't think to add to my diet was oh I don't know a little thing called protein. Even a stick of cheese would have been a great addition. I was so focused on fruits and veggies and getting enough in that well I didn't balance things out properly. So as I went to leave for a long afternoon and evening of library work I packed a snack of dried cranberries, almonds and pecans and then for my on the go dinner I took an apple, a larabar (pure fruit and nut bar) and a thing of naked juice. Not only did did I not really add much protein into my diet but I also didn't add a lot of calories. When I woke this morning my stomach was screaming at me for some food with substance.
So I am learning on this journey that you have to have balance. I was so focused on the fruits and veggies that I didn't even think to add the other stuff in. Now today I think my body is having fruit and veggies resistance. Even the though of an apple or carrot makes me a little queasy. :) We live and we learn and I am determined to figure out the best way for me to do this. Thank goodness after one day where it is not quite right you wake up and there is always tomorrow to try again.
No comments:
Post a Comment