Week 2 ended alright. We did not have to many problems in regards to drinks. Although it was hard to get rid of the hot chocolate and chocolate milk, I really didn't miss it. The kids did slip up and little have have the chocolate milk at school with lunches because they forgot, but that is ok they didn't have soda even when it was offered to them and available for free. I have to give my older teenage kids great credit they are real troopers. Going along with mom's crazy plans is not always easy but they have been great. They have dealt with crazy friends thinking what they have to do is nuts, and telling people no when things are offered. I guess for all I know they tell there friends how insane I am :)
My five year old at the beginning week did have a hard time not having juice or chocolate milk. However, as the week went on she figured that plain milk and water are not so bad after all. She is adjusting so far better then expected. I am seeing now that it is true if you do not have it in the house they will not ask for or reach for it anymore.
I also found some great juices at costco called odwalla. They come 12 to a box and are single serve size I think about 12 ounces each. They are all natural with about 5 different fruits and veggies in each one. So this made the juice part easy. Everyone gets one a week of these juices. The kids actually learned that if they drank just a little bit everyday and kept the rest in the fridge through the week it lasted all week long.
No comments:
Post a Comment